Ferne McCann has been left upset after a image of her daughter Sunday was used on ITV News for a story on cot death.
The former TOWIE star was left reportedly ‘shocked and upset’ after she saw her own image being used on the channel and she apparently contacted the channel to take the photo down.
A source has said to The Sun:
‘Any mother would be upset to learn an image of their child had been used without consent.’
‘What makes it even worse was that it was used in connection with such an upsetting and tragic topic.’
A ITV Spokesperson has now said to the Mailonline:
‘ITV News took swift action as soon as we were notified by Ferne’s team of the error. We’re sorry if any upset was caused to Ferne and her family.’
ITV News At Ten has been forced off air due to a fire alarm sounding during the live report.
Tom Bradbury was presenting the news when a fire alarm could be heard in the background causing him to announce that everyone had to leave the building.
Viewers tuning in to ITV saw a message on the screen what read:
’were sorry for the disruption
were working hard to fix the issue and we will return to the normal programme soon.’
The news was off for over 10 minutes when the screen returned and the voiceover man Announced that they couldn’t return to the news so showed the weather instead.
We will keep you posted on what has been going on at ITV News.
Viewers to ITV this week have been left furious as they have been tuning in to the channel at 12:30PM to watch the Loose Women but they have not been on and the show has been canceled for the rest of the week.
The show has been replaced by the Cheltenham Festival as the show is pulled from the ITV schedule for four days.
This comes just one week after the show was canceled for International Women’s Day, even though it’s an all women chat show.
Also the Chancellor’s first Budget announcement canceled the show too so it’s not been a good couple of weeks for Loose Women.
Last week presenter Ruth Langsford broke the news as she shared:
“Just to remind you we’re not here tomorrow because of an ITV News Budget special.
“I know, I’m sorry, but the good news is we are back on Thursday and Gok Wan will be here.
“Have a great afternoon, see you on Thursday.”
It’s been driving fans and us crazy for the last few days we just want the show to return now.
He’s been presenting the news on ITV for a whopping 30 years now but sadly Mark Austin has annouced that he is to leave the channel.
It’s ahead of his thirtieth anniversary at ITV News but it seem’s we only have Mark presenting the News At Ten until the end of the year.
This week marks 30 years at ITN, three decades when I’ve enjoyed some of the best jobs in television news, travelling the world, reporting and anchoring on the biggest stories and working with some of the most talented people in the business.
It was a great honour to present News at Ten and the Evening News for so many years and a privilege to be part of the great tradition of ITN journalism and all it stands for.
I’m proud of what we achieved. But new opportunities present themselves and now is the time to pursue those challenges. I leave my friends and colleagues at ITV News with a heavy heart but excited about what lies ahead.
Since joining the channel has has presented some of the most heartbreaking news but there has also been so lovely times.
John Hardie who’s the chief executive of ITV has said:
Mark’s contribution to ITN, and to ITV News in particular, cannot be overstated. One of the outstanding broadcast journalists of his generation, for three decades Mark has consistently demonstrated the qualities that have made him such a household name, his integrity, his brilliant foreign reportage and his sincere compassion for those whose story he is telling. I am delighted he will be continuing to work closely with us on developing projects with ITN Productions. I am very sad to see him go.
So are we.
We wish him luck with whatever he does in the future.